Updates, Live

Friday, August 26, 2011

Manuel Puig


Manuel Puig, born in Argentina in 1932, died in Mexico in 1990, author of some great books. I am waiting for one of his books to come by mail. I ordered it a couple of days ago (along with some others: Ubu King, Céline's Mort à crédit, and a classic author: Gogol, with Вечера на хуторе близ Диканьки).

Well, I didn't tell you the name of Puig's novel: Boquitas Pintadas (Heartbreak Tango). All these books will come in Romanian translations (Ubu Rege, Moarte pe Credit, Serile in Catun la Dikanka, Cel Mai Frumos Tango).

What links all these books and authors: the genius, that's it, crazy genius. That's how I chose them.

And what links the books Puig to the movies of Wong Kar-Wai & Chris Doyle? It's also about some kind of crazy genius. It's just a feeling. I will get also another book by Puig, El Beso de la Mujer Araña (The Kiss of the Spider Woman): it will take some time for this to come. from abroad, the English version. It was made also a movie, and I will watch it pretty soon.

It's just a feeling, I repeat. It's about the technique of the story, etc. Puig will help me in better understanding Wong Kar-Wai, and the reverse. And of course, each one deserves to be approached on his own merits.


(Una Vida Entre Libros)

(Wong Kar-Way and Chris Doyle)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home