Updates, Live

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Camille Pissarro, Le Boulevard Montmartre, Effet de Nuit

Le Boulevard Montmartre, Effet de Nuit, 1897, National Gallery, LondonCamille Pissarro - Le Boulevard Montmartre, Effet de Nuit, 1897
National Gallery, London

At five o'clock in the morning Guillaume locked the door of the bar behind us. The streets were empty and grey... A garçon de café spilled water on the sidewalk before his establishment and swept it into the gutter. At the end of the long, curving street which faced us were the trees of the boulevard and straw chairs piled high before cafés.

(James Baldwin, Giovanni's Room)

I will be very busy for the next ten days, so I'll leave you with this image of the Boulevard Montmartre. I have several other wonderful images - I saw an exhibition of Paul Klee that I would like to talk about, and many other things. I'll do this when I come back. Meanwhile I will miss you all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home